Monday 29 October 2012

Wood Floors This Week, YES!!!

October 29, 2012

So I finally have some news and pictures for the remodel.  This week is wood floor week, and I am so happy.  Mainly because I think that once the wood floors are in and sanded, I can begin to clean the house.  Still feeling as dirty as I did over a month ago.  I am finding it hard to believe that it has been almost three months now.

The wood for the floors was delivered last week and has been getting acquainted with us as it rests in the front room awaiting installation.


Our painter, and mudder, Josh was able to get everything painted last week.  This is the living room with the mud room in green.  


This looking back into the kitchen...


From the kitchen towards the living room...


Meanwhile, David has been pulling up the floor in the kids' bathroom.  It had several layers of linoleum, just like the kitchen!  What surprised us is that below that, some of the floorboards were missing!  Good thing the kids didn't fall through...   He is spraying insulation in there to help with the sound of water rushing through the house.  Then we will have hardwood floors installed in here as well.  I can't wait!


Josh also did the ceilings and matched them to our old ceilings in the other parts of the house.  I love the texturing he did as it all matches really well and fits perfectly with the age of the house.  It also reminds me of many of the places where we were in Italy...


I spent an entire day working on etching the window that goes between the mud room and living room.  I decided to hand draw it so that it would look more natural.  Here is a closeup of the window..  I am really pleased with how it turned out, which is usually not the case when I am trying something new...


Below you can see where the window is in relation to the mud room.  I stood in the living room looking towards the kitchen when I took this...


So this week will end with new wood floors...  I can't wait!  It may go into a bit of next week, but once they are in and sanded and finished, I will take pics and post again.  Oh this is a happy week!

~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment