Saturday 15 December 2012

Keeping The Christmas Spirit...

December 15, 2012

I was going to blog yesterday, but for some reason my pictures wouldn't show up.  I thought I had lost them all, but they reappeared today.  I think the universe was telling me to quit complaining and learn to be happy amidst the mess.  I got the strong impression that I needed to learn how to keep the Christmas spirit with me even though I haven't been able to decorate inside for Christmas.  So, today, I will show you what we have been accomplishing at the house with minimal complaining... (notice I wasn't able to say 'without' complaining... just trying to keep it real)

We have had many additions to our original plans for remodel, one of them being the kids' bathroom.  We have ended up redoing most of it.  Here is the picture with the hardwood floors done, and we will be getting a new counter top and painting the old cabinets.  The wall colors have changed as well.   We installed a new toilet and the kids seem to like things much better as they actually work now.  Finished pictures to come...


The back splash in the kitchen is complete except for some small cutting of the stone to make it so the switch plates fit.


In many of the previous posts, I have spent hours cleaning up before taking the pictures.  I decided not to do that so that you would understand how the house looks Monday through Friday and hopefully better understand why I haven't been able to decorate for Christmas.


There are lots of little things to be done, like install the five thermostats, but first I need to paint the walls...


We are missing a few switch plates that had to be special ordered...


The baseboards and trim are getting painted...


The fireplace is missing several stones that came off when they put in the new floor, so David is going to attempt to fix those...


Meanwhile, we have been starting things in the basement.  This is the bottom of the stairs which were taken out and 'floated' as we are pouring concrete to level the place out and cover the underfloor heating down there.


Cement truck arrives...


And down into the basement they go...



And this is our back yard post clean up, you should have seen it beforehand...





Luckily the snow hides a multitude of sins...


And if you keep looking upwards, the view is beautiful...


Especially when the sun comes out...


So I am endeavoring to keep the Christmas spirit by keeping heart and mind skyward.  The bonus is that  the view is amazing, this is our birch tree out front...


Seeing as it is just a little over a week away, I am wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas filled with much happiness and joy...
~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment