Friday 8 February 2013

Kitchen - Before and After

February 8, 2013

So, the next finished room is the kitchen... It is a bit of a combination of our old kitchen, and the little breakfast room next to it.  I will try to show how we combined the two rooms and expanded the kitchen whilst opening the wall up to the living room.

This is the view as if you had come in the front door and were walking into the kitchen area...

Before, there was a wall and a very small doorway into the living room  There was also a wall separating this small room from the kitchen on the left....



Now it is open all the way through to the living room...



Before, I had very limited counter space as you can see the sum total of it in the next two pictures...






Now everything is open and I have much more counter space as well as cabinet space for storage...



I love the island (it has the fruit bowl on it in this photo). It is great for baking yummy treats.  


 I do need help finding some sort of art piece for the wall to the right of the basement door. 
 I welcome any suggestions. 


This is the old view from the dining room...

..


And the new view from the dining room.





And finally, my view as I work in the kitchen.  I get to see much more of the kids as they do their homework at the counter.



So, kitchen is done... up next will be the change to the music room (as it was reduced in size in order to expand the kitchen) and the kids bathroom (which was not in the plans, but ended up being a requirement as we exposed age old plumbing that was about to disintegrate).  That will be followed up by the basement, and finally the back deck.

Until next time...
~Mary








2 comments: