Thursday 30 August 2012

I Feel So Dirty...

August 30, 2012

What a week it has been already, and it is only Thursday.  If you have been reading the blog, you have seen the backyard.  It has now been filled back in and we had a load of topsoil delivered.  Jason, being a 9 year old boy, wanted to go play in the dirt pile.  How can you not let a little boy play in dirt???  Of course I let him!!!

The next day, however, he wanted to go play in the sprinklers in the backyard.  Of course this time I had to say NO because there is no grass back there, so it would have been a big mud bath.  Apparently he had his heart set on it, so when I said "NO", he decided he didn't want to be part of this family anymore.  He wanted to go live with a family that let him make his own decisions.  He ended up running away.  He has done that once before and I found him just outside the front door.  This time, I couldn't find him.  Then Danika couldn't find him.  Finally I sent David looking for him.  He was behind the garage, but still inside the yard.  Whew!!!  Seriously, do you think I needed just a little more stress added to my life right now???

The good thing is that yesterday there were no workers at the house, so I had an opportunity to clean.  The house has seemed exceptionally dirty this week.  I began upstairs and started sweeping.  Now let me tell you, this was not dust, it was actual dirt. I was sweeping piles of dirt down the stairs.  How did this dirt get upstairs?  I am talking huge quantities here...

When I finished the upstairs, I began the downstairs  The floors seemed to be covered with it, and if condensation drips off of the side of a glass of water, there is instant mud on the floors.  Not really what I am wanting in my dining room at the moment.  After I swept up, there were dried mud spots everywhere.  I had to get on my hands and knees and scrub.  David was not too pleased as I am not supposed to be doing that with my back in a bad way at the moment.  I told him it was my back or my sanity.

I finished all of the hardwood downstairs and was exhausted.  I left the living room for later because it has no flooring and I needed a break.  About an hour later, I went back upstairs to get something out of my room.  WHAT???  Has someone installed a ceiling sprinkler system that sprays out dirt in my absence?  Not kidding, the floors were covered with dirt. How does this happen?  I was crushed.  I just wanted to curl up into a ball and start crying.  Somehow I held it in, calmly walked downstairs and out the front door so that I didn't have to look at it anymore.  I felt like I had wasted the entire day.  I still feel so dirty...

So, I woke up this morning and my back was killing me. (David, if you even think about saying 'I told you so' you're a dead man)  But hey, it is a new day and I am going to be positive, or so I thought.  I went outside this morning and ran into my friend, JoAnn, and she asked me how I was doing.  I really thought I was fine, but for some reason I burst into tears.  I think the dirt finally got the best of me...  Maybe I just needed a good cry.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

~Mary

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain! The joy of renovation...just keep your eye on when its all done.

    ReplyDelete