Monday 6 August 2012

Starting some demolition...

August 6, 2012

David and I decided to start some of the demolition to the kitchen before we left for a week.  We figured we might as well take all of the cabinet doors off and remove the cabinets so that the contractor could demolish some walls while we were away.  (We went to Vegas for my brother's birthday)  

Here is David as he finally was able to get the first cabinet off.


Check out the retro wallpaper we found behind the cabinets...


So, off we drove down to Vegas for a fabulous little vacation. We left Missoula on July 31st. Meanwhile, the demolition began in our absence.  We returned today and this is what it looks like as we walked in the front door...


I forgot to take a picture, but our contracto, Joe Fulford, (he is a really nice guy and a friend of ours... we are really lucky to have him) made sure he covered all of the furniture with plastic and hung plastic in the doorways to keep the dust at bay.  This is where the kitchen sink used to be...


This is what used to be the wall behind the refrigerator and stove...


A closer look at the sink area...


We arrived home around 3 p.m., so David and I spent the afternoon cleaning up.  I should have worn a mask as there was plaster dust everywhere.  When I finally took a shower, my nose was clogged with white mud.  I am sure that could not have been good for my lungs.

 Joe also moved our refrigerator nicely out of the way and it sits in the old breakfast room along with the stove and microwave...


And the leftovers from the demolition are in the driveway...



Tomorrow the cabinet guy is coming over and we are going to draw up plans for where everything will go.  It should be interesting.  Now it is off to bed for me...
~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment