Tuesday 29 May 2012

My Italian Pedicure...


May 14, 2012

So, the kids got me an Italian pedicure for Mother’s Day.  How nice J

One of the parents at the kids’ school, Valeria (rhymes with malaria), recommended this lady, Cristina Estetica.  It was really different than in the states, a bit like going to a doctor’s office.  There were charts on the walls with pictures of the feet labeling all of the bones and tendons, etc.


In some ways it is similar as they begin by soaking your feet.  You can see the water basin in the lower right. They use cream and massage your legs and feet, but the tools are completely different.


She didn’t speak any English, and I really appreciated that because I actually was able to practice some of my Italian, and we were able to communicate pretty well.    You can see I am struggling to understand a bit here, but she would slow down and repeat things and I would eventually get it.


They wear surgical gloves and have an electric dremmel they use that has dozens of different attachments.  They use it to sand your nails smooth, buff them, buff down callouses, sand off dry skin, and much, much, more.  My feet never felt so good!


She told me she was bored while my nail polish was drying, so she filed my fingernails just to keep busy.


She was so nice, and I just have to say that my Mother’s Day present was fantastic J
~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment