Friday 15 June 2012

Our Last Morning in Perugia...

June 12, 2012 a.m.

We packed up the car last night.  We only have our backpacks and some food left to take with us.  We decided to have breakfast at our favorite café, Caffe Baglioni.  Even though it was breakfast, the kids had sandwiches, and they actually went and made a special one for Danika.  We also had to have some of their wonderful baked goods J



This is the place...


Had to put in a picture of the corner that David and I usually sit in...


All the Caffe Baglioni family came out and hugged us and wished us safe travels.  I cried… I think I will definitely miss them the most.  The madre gave me a fridge magnet too!  What an incredibly nice family.

Then we went back to our apartment, picked up our backpacks and headed to the car… I took a very slow walk to the car, just taking everything in, wondering if this would be the last time I see this place that has become home… 

Leaving teary-eyed…
~Mary

1 comment:

  1. You left your heart in those old stone walls and narrow streets... and the green hills of Umbria. I do so get it. Miss you guys still.

    ReplyDelete