Monday 4 June 2012

Our Little Church in Perugia...

June 3, 2012

I have been meaning to blog about our church since February.  These first two pictures of the outside were taken back then.  I have been waiting until I could get some pictures of the inside, and I didn’t manage to do that until today.  I also went up top and took two more pictures because now everything is green J

 




 While the outside is nothing to write home about, I still love this little church.  There are several churches within walking distance of us, but this one is only 200 paces away.  I just love the inside of our little church.  So, without further ado, here it is…

These first three are from where we sit… I get to look at these beautiful carvings…




 From the center aisle…

 
We sit behind the bald guy in the lower right…


This is in the alcove on the left side…


This is the back…the painting here is about 30 feet tall.


This is in the alcove on the right side…


And this last one is looking back towards where we sit…



We really enjoy going to this church because the priest is always so happy and so are the people in the congregation.  It just gives me such a happy feeling, even when I can’t understand what they are saying…
~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment