Saturday 14 April 2012

Easter in Italy

April 8, 2012

Today it was up early.  We were taking Michelle and Susan back to the airport in Rome for their 12:30 pm flight back to Missoula.  Surprisingly, we were able to get all six of us up and out the door just after 7:00 a.m.  We left the parking lot at 7:20 a.m.  I don’t have any pictures on the way to the airport because I was driving.  It is such a shame because it was the most beautiful drive I have taken since being in Italy.  The sun was shining and everything looked newly washed and gorgeous.   It was cold when we left Perugia, but was so nice (t-shirt weather) in Rome.

We arrived at the Leonardo Di Vinci airport early and I was surprised at how easy it was to navigate.  I think I was expecting something large like LAX, but it was more like Sacramento or Spokane airport.  Our only problem was finding Air Canada.  We finally stopped and asked a polizia.  She didn’t know, so she radioed someone and they told us it was in Terminal 5 (we were at Terminal 3).  So off we went…  When we got there, it was nearly deserted.  We decided to go in with Michelle and Susan to make sure they got off okay.  When we went inside, we found a United counter, got in the very short line.  When we got to the front they told us that Air Canada was back where we had been in Terminal 3… So off we went back to Terminal 3.  The polizia was still there, and she told us we could park there for five minutes.  She felt bad that we had been sent to the wrong terminal.  We dropped Michelle and Susan off with hugs all around and then we were on our way back to Perugia. 

I decided I wanted to capture the beauty on the way home, so I made sure I had the camera out.  Unfortunately the weather had turned, so it just wasn’t the same.  Still, I was able to take a few pictures.









This is my favorite one…


We were able to make it home by 12:30 pm, just as Michelle and Susan’s plane was taking off from Rome. 

It was pouring rain by then, so we had to have the Easter Egg hunt inside L




Then it was time for some chocolate...


Christ is risen and we had a great day…
~Mary

1 comment:

  1. Those photos of the country are so beautiful, they almost look like vincent vangogh paintings.

    ReplyDelete