Monday 16 April 2012

Lemon Candy...

April 16, 2012

Today was a shopping day. David and I usually go to the IperCoop, the big store about 15 minutes away, where we do most of our big grocery shopping.  We usually go on Mondays.  Every time we go, I am always looking at the candy while we wait in the ever long checkout lines.  Since the first time I saw it, I have wanted to try this candy that looks like white chocolate, but has a lemon flavor.  I see it in all the stores, and to me it seems like a typical Italian candy, so I figure that I must try it…  Today, I finally added it to the cart.

This afternoon I had a little craving and decided to try it.  It looks like it comes in four chunks.  So, I unwrapped the outer cardboard and I find that there are two plastic casings.  I am still thinking that it is a chunk of white chocolate when I pull the lid off of one of them…


I suddenly scream as I end up pouring white liquid all over myself… 

This is the problem with age dwindling eyesight.  I can’t actually read the packaging.  On closer examination, I find that it is actually lemon sorbet.  You take the package home and stick it in the freezer J  Who would have thought you could buy lemon sorbet right at the checkout stand, and it is at room temperature??? 

So, I put the other plastic casing in the freezer.  We just tried it and it is remarkably good…  who knew???


Another adventure shopping in Italy J
~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment