Sunday 15 April 2012

New Chocolate Candy... Mmmmm....

April 9, 2012

Danika and Jason wanted to spend some of their money on candy.  So, they headed to the local News Stand.  They came back and were very excited to try out the new chocolate and vanilla candy they found.  Jason quickly unwrapped one and took a bite.

Suddenly he ran to the sink and spit it out.  “This tastes terrible!” he yelled.  I said, “Let me see it.”  This is what he showed me…





Then I told him to get me the package.  I showed the two of them that these are Not candy, they are flavored “cigarelli” and what he took a bite of was actually tobacco!  David and I were shocked that the News Stand would sell these to kids!

I asked Danika if she read the package, and she said, “Well, it said it was chocolate, and it was right in with the candy bars!”  She neglected to read the GIANT stickers telling her that smoking is bad for you!  Her claim was that she doesn’t know Italian… 


We went back to the store to see if they could get a refund for the two unopened packages.  The little Italian man was really nice.  He felt bad and said he was sorry. He thought they were buying them for their “Mama and Papa”.   He was very happy to refund the unopened packages.

It was a great lesson for me as well as the kids J
~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment