Saturday 10 March 2012

Finally, Baking Success



March 2, 2012

Baking scones…  It all started because we had bought some marscapone to use in making a pasta dish. By the way, the pasta dish was fabulous, very creamy, and I am sure it wasn’t fattening in the slightest.

Anyway, as I was making the pasta dish, I just happened to lick a bit of marscapone off of the spoon.  Gotta taste things as you’re making them, right?  When I tasted it, I said to myself, “Wow, this tastes just like clotted cream.” 

Since I missed having my clotted cream with scones and jam while I was in England, I decided I must try and make scones and have them with marscapone and jam while I was here in Italy.

So, onto the internet I went and found a scone recipe where all of the ingredients were obtainable here in Perugia.  I wasn’t holding out much hope for the finished product as none of my baking has even come close to meeting my expectations since we have been here.

Well, let me tell you, the scones actually turned out to be fabulous…  Yes, I actually baked something that met my expectations.  Adding the marscapone and jam made for the perfect breakfast treat for me…




Signing off fat and happy,
~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment