Friday 2 March 2012

Loving Laundry

March 1, 2012

I really thought I would dread doing laundry here, but it hasn’t turned out that way.  I figured that I would really miss my dryer… and having my clothes ready instantly.



 I have to admit, that at first it was tough because it was so darned cold here. If I hung the clothes outside, they would ice up and break…  The only place to dry clothes was on the heated towel rack in the bathroom (my personal best friend that I didn’t share willingly) and the radiators.  This created two problems.  One, it made the apartment extremely humid, and two, I could only do one small load. 



Now that the weather has changed, I am actually enjoying doing laundry.  I love hanging the laundry outside to dry.  It dries really quickly as we are up high and get loads of sun when it is a sunny day.  I can do as much laundry as I want!  Since it is warm outside, people don’t have their woodstoves going, so I don’t have to worry about ruining my fresh-scented clean clothes either. 



But to me, the best part is that I think it is pretty!  I love to see all of the colors swaying in the breeze.  All of these pictures are of the laundry hanging outside our balcony.  




Call me silly, but I am loving laundry. J

~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment