Friday 30 March 2012

Our First Care Package

March 30, 2012

Wow, MaryAnn Thomson is my personal hero at the moment...  We received our very first care package today, and it was with much excitement...


MaryAnn spent her entire life savings on the postage alone.


With great anticipation, we sliced open the packaging.  Everything was hidden (as well as nicely padded) by these wonderful kitchen towels!  I was telling her how much I missed decent kitchen towels, and she sent me about ten of them!!!  Fantabulous J


Next, we came upon  two GIANT packs of marshmallows, a pack of graham crackers, and two GIANT Hershey bars...  Danika screamed out, "S'mores!"


I know I have been doing a lot of complaining,  and I really shouldn't, but now MaryAnn has rewarded all of my bad behavior by sending me things like decent sized chocolate chips so I can make good cookies here!  She sent a HUGE back of chocolate ones and then even included some Ghirardelli  white chocolate chips.

The fun didn't stop there either.  When the Nutella came out, I laughed because I should be the one sending HER Nutella as it is Italian, and a basic staple of the Italian diet, much like peanut butter is for us, but even more so as it is used for breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, dessert, even gelato...  

Danika grabbed the Jelly Bellies before I even had a chance to see them...  The enormous bag of MnM's didn't make it far though.  And, who can resist Oreo Cookies with a glass of milk???  I think I am in Heaven...  At the very least I'm on a sugar high J


So MaryAnn, I truly do owe you one.  I'm just not sure if I can fit that single Italian Wine Merchant into my suitcase on the way home...here's a picture of him, just in case your interest is piqued...


~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment