Friday 16 March 2012

Seeing Siena...

March 7, 2012

While the kids were in school, David and I drove to Sienna to check it out and get the lay of the land. 

Thanks to Rick Steves' Italy guidebook, we found a great place to park and had a nice walk into town.  It was gorgeous and sunny, but deceptively cold.  I was freezing with my fleece as well as my down jacket.  


The piazza was lovely as we sat down in the sun, out of the wind.   We had a bite to eat and watched the people go by… really relaxing.




What looks like market stalls was really a chocolate festival going on!!!  It was so much fun to go around and look at all of the different things they made from chocolate.  Unfortunately, I was pretty sick with a cold, and chocolate just makes my immune system take a dive, so I didn’t get to try anything L


We stopped by the fountain and soaked up the sun for a bit.


Then we headed to lunch at this place that specializes in hot sandwiches.  This is the view from the front door of the sandwich place out into the piazza.


And this is the inside of the restaurant.


If you walk through, it leads to a balcony on the piazza.  If you look closely, you can see David sitting on up there on a bar stool.  It was really nice to be there out of the wind.


I sat at the very end in the sun with my hot sandwich and hot drink.


Doesn’t he look great? As you can see, my view was fabulous J


~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment