Wednesday 22 February 2012

Mail, Glorious Mail...

Mail is such a funny thing.  Now that we are half-way around the world and I am missing all of my friends terribly, I realize just how much each little contact means.  I cherish every little comment on facebook and our blog, and I really get excited when I actually get a personal email instead of all of the spam.

However, nothing can compare to getting a handwritten letter the old-fashioned snail -mail way.  Our first letter arrived in our mailbox and a great celebration ensued.  David was the one to retrieve it and he had us all guessing who it could be from.  We started out guessing from all of our family members, but that wasn’t it, then went on to guessing friends, but we just couldn’t get it.



Finally David gave in and told us we had gotten a letter from Ingrid Holliday, Danika’s piano teacher!  We really enjoyed gathering around the kitchen table and reading her handwritten letter out loud.  She wrote a postcard as well as two full pages on paper.  It was so great to hear all about the happenings in Missoula.  This little letter made our entire day!

~Mary

1 comment:

  1. Well, my friend, send me your address and you'll receive mail from beautiful Cincinnati. Sorry, but I can't quite make out the address on the picture.

    ReplyDelete